Welcome

Welcome to Life at Bugle Hill Farm

Thursday, April 14, 2011

What Makes a Good Life?

Let's talk a little about life today. To be more specific, what makes life good for each of us? Is it our spouses? Our careers? How we spend our down time? Our families? I think it's a little of each. We may focus at times on things that seem so important, but in the end, they are not. That's not to say we shouldn't strive to do our best in any given situation, just maybe slow down a little. I know I'm guilty of trying to please everyone but sometimes it's just not possible. I've gotten better at making time for me and boy do I need it! Don't neglect your needs, go after your dreams. Surround yourself with people you love and trust. I'm not saying anything new here, but sometimes we need to hear it again. Here are a few things that make my life good: my husband, my horses, my family and friends, my pets and my writing.  What makes your life good? I would love to hear your input. Done preachin'.

3 comments:

  1. I am a huge advocate of down time. It would be nice to do something valuable instead of vegatative....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What makes life worth living? Doing something randomly nice for someone else makes me happy. I get so busy running around that I forget to take time for myself and often end up with nothing left by the end of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @jmaxine107. You're right. Giving of yourself reaps the most cherished rewards. Do take time for yourself, you are worth it.

    ReplyDelete